During a 30-year career in the energy industry, Bill has held senior roles in the private sector, government and NGOs. As the Strategic Lead, Energy Transition, Bill will apply his passion for harnessing private sector innovation to solve policy challenges to create growth strategies and investment opportunities for AJW clients.
Bill’s experience includes:
- Serving as the President of NLC Energy LLC, a biomethane developer and operator;
- Leading a distributed energy investment and acquisition group as Vice President of Strategic Initiatives for the Commercial Business Unit of Duke Energy;
- Leading the Corporate Strategy and M&A group for Cinergy Corp.;
- Structuring carbon investment vehicles and clean energy investments for a Wall Street boutique investment firm;
- Managing environmental compliance and environmental markets as Vice President of Environment of Cinergy Corp.;
- Twice running Federal Government Affairs Offices for energy companies (Cinergy Corp. and Duke Energy);
- Serving as President of the Center for Clean Air Policy, a nonprofit that provides advice to developing countries on climate strategy and energy transformation.
Bill’s government experience includes serving as minority counsel to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. Before working for Congress, he served first as a Senior Counsel and then as a Senior Policy Advisor at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Air and Radiation.
Bill graduated from Stanford University and the University of California’s Hastings College of the Law. He is also a graduate of the Executive Program of the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.