Mike serves as the Deputy Director of the Manufacturers of Emission Controls Association (MECA), a trade association managed by AJW since March 2010.
Prior to joining MECA, Mike worked for seven years in the Office of Transportation and Air Quality at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). While at EPA, he served as an environmental engineer focusing on transportation policy, including an emphasis on domestic and international black carbon science and policy. Mike also served a temporary assignment as a special assistant to the EPA Administrator where he worked with EPA senior staff.
Mike has over 15 years of experience in issues related to air pollution from mobile sources. He has worked for both regional and federal agencies to find solutions to air quality problems. He has also spent time as a research professor at the University of Southern California where he supervised a research laboratory and conducted studies on air quality, with a particular focus on particulate matter from mobile sources.
- Air Pollution and Health
- Emission Controls
- Particulate Matter and Black Carbon
- Environmental Engineer, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Special Assistant to the Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Program Supervisor for Special Monitoring, South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Research Assistant Professor, University of Southern California Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California
- B.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California